I got a few questions on my latest Facebook post asking what I call “rest” during the weekend, so I want to go into a bit more detail.
Rest and self-care are essential to maintaining a healthy and balanced life. It’s important to take the time to take care of ourselves, both physically and mentally, and to show ourselves the love and respect that we deserve.
Whatever you choose to do, keep an eye toward how you feel when you’re done. Do you feel rested? Many times, we do something, like binge TV, and feel worse afterward. That’s not what we want. Grow your awareness of the result and you’ll find better ways to show yourself love going forward.
Here are 10 ways that you can show yourself love and take care of yourself:
- Take a relaxing bath or shower.
- Get a massage.
- Treat yourself to a delicious meal.
- Engage in a hobby or activity that you enjoy.
- Read a book or watch a movie that you’ve been wanting to see.
- Take a nap or get a good night’s sleep.
- Write in a journal or express your thoughts and feelings through art.
- Get some exercise or go for a walk outside.
- Plan a day trip.
- Give yourself a compliment or remind yourself of your accomplishments and good qualities.
These are just a few examples of the many ways that you can rest, show yourself love, and take care of yourself. Remember that self-care is a continuous process, and it’s important to make time for it on a regular basis. You can create your own self-care routine, and set aside time for it in your daily schedule.
You deserve to rest and be taken care of, just as you would take care of someone you love. Show yourself the same kindness and respect that you would show to someone else, and you’ll be on your way to a happier and healthier you.
Keep moving forward,
I ❤️ this.